Perseid Meteor shower.......bad attempt :(

Snooky

Suspended / Banned
Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Well went out till 3 am after reading countless options on how to setup the camera........well heres my attempts of it,tried to add interest into foreground!!!!

Will be attempting it again i think as it was fun, even if my end results are, ummmm bad :D

perseid meteor by Andy Snook, on Flickr

perseid meteor by Andy Snook, on Flickr

any crit and help welcome

thanks

Shame about the clouds, what was your white balance set to?

Edit: I see it was on auto. Try using a cooler white balance next time

Last edited:
@AdamTudor my white balance was set on Auto.......all my shots had this weird orange glow except 3 of my shots, when I upped the ISO from 800 to 1250 or higher this orange glow stopped!

Try a manual white balance much lower, should help (I think, I'm no expert haha). I presume you were far enough away from towns etc? It looks too consistent across the whole image to be from light pollution to me. Personally I would try and add more of the hay bale into the image as well instead of cutting the back off. Could do with straightening the horizon too but ultimately I think you could have had a good shot if the clouds had cleared for you.

Did you shoot raw or JPEG?

@AdamTudor ill try the white balance change if it doesn't rain like its scheduled tonight for my area :(
I was edge of my local town in middle of a field with partial light in very far distance from a quarry so it might be that not sure. shot all in raw

If you shot it in raw load the raw file into you PP software and play with the WB in there and see how it looks

Back