Pestering the Bee's

Name
Emma
Edit My Images
Yes
As the weather was stunning when i got home after work this evening decided to try out the macro lens again and go bee hunting!

After following the bee's round in circles from flower to flower (they don't like to settle for long do they!) i captured the below.

Any comments are welcome to help me improve as this is my second go with the macro lens.

These were taken with a Canon EOS 20D with a Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX IF HSM (courtesy of RichardtheSane)

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3451.jpg

I can hear the buzzing from here :help: *swats air*

The first shot is extremely sharp, I think the depth of field is perfect and I like the detail on the wings.

Whikst the second has a shallower DoF I cant decide if this is a good thing or not. :thinking:

Last edited:
Beautiful pair. Like them both. Love the detail in the face of the second phot. Well done.

Regards,

john

Me too..............l think the shallow depth of field in the 2nd shot works very well :clap:

I can hear the buzzing from here :help: *swats air*

The first shot is extremely sharp, I think the depth of field is perfect and I like the detail on the wings.

Whikst the second has a shallower DoF I cant decide if this is a good thing or not. :thinking:

Thank you for your comments, the 1st is my favourite, the second was quite a surpise when it came out i think it could of been possibily better with more detail in the background

Beautiful pair. Like them both. Love the detail in the face of the second phot. Well done.

Regards,

john

Thank you :)

Me too..............l think the shallow depth of field in the 2nd shot works very well :clap:

Thank you crusher, think i might be pestering the bee's again shortly!

Fantastic shots, my favourite is picture two as the forward DOF accentuates the 'face' making it a good action shot.

Back