Petals (B&W)

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
White%20ChrysanthsBW.jpg

Nice shot, Janice. It's peculiar really that you automatically associate colour with flowers and yet you can get a good shot like that in mono. :thumb:

regards

really like the tones. Might have cropped in a bit more on the lighter bloom bottom right though to lose some of the black space bottom left

Sometimes I can see why an image is presented in mono. Sometimes I can't.

I know it is an alternative presentation to show form and texture... not a right and wrong situation. Maybe I don't have enough artist in me :)

this is good also, though i wonder if the flowers filled the frame to the bottom would have worked a littl ebetter? Still nice though Janice, i havent posted to many threads in here of late as i have had little time but you always seem to post consistant shots, and your personal gallery is excellent

Janice another lovely study an so well converted to keep all the tones. It ansers all the "judges" criteria - on the diagonal - leads the eye in - dark space in lower corner - I can just hear them saying it . . . followed by I'll give it FOIVE! They then criticise the next print saying what they would do to it and give it 10/10!

LOL! :D

Thanks for your comments guys. Ive only ever done 2 black & whites.
I love having lots of tones in between....but some people say "bump up the contrast a lot so it is really black & white". Everyone prefers different things.

Back