Phil is a fool....read on.....

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
I just managed to drop my 1D battery onto my 30D screen and it has cracked...thankfully on the bottom bit covering the Canon writing...but annoying none the less! It still works...which is something else to be thankful for!

Has anyone replaced this? If I remember it's only a glass/perpex cover?

How could anyone be some clumsy and silly as to drop something on a camera,I mean,come on, who.........:D

Hahahahhahahahahahahaha..............sorry, bad luck mate least as you say it still works. I am pretty sure it can be replaced though at what price I don`t know.

It's not a big job to do on a Nikon and not all the expensive for the cover (about £20 or so iirc), so I'd imagine the Canon bit will be something similar..

How could anyone be some clumsy and silly as to drop something on a camera,I mean,come on, who.........:D

ME! That's who :D It'll teach me for a having a messy room and leaving things on the floor!

Hahahahhahahahahahahaha..............sorry, bad luck mate least as you say it still works. I am pretty sure it can be replaced though at what price I don`t know.

Yea...it doesn't really even go over the viewable area really..it's just one of those things that I know is there and will bug me!

Screen protectors for the win!

I'm guessing you mean a proper thing...not one of those adhesive stickers!

It's not a big job to do on a Nikon and not all the expensive for the cover (about £20 or so iirc), so I'd imagine the Canon bit will be something similar..

Thanks, I'll have a look into it! Might not be worth doing I guess...as it'll probably only be donated to my dad once I am rich enough to afford an upgrade to my MKII...(so then that'd be a backup to a MKIV perhaps!)

The screen covers are allegedly fairly cheap (can't quote a price though). I believe all you need is something like a scalpel blade to prise it off, and the new one is self adhesive.

Now on the other hand, if you discover after removal that the actual lcd is damaged..........

Hi Gary if yu look on the bottom right of the message, you see Quote button, click that and it wll go to reply and the quote will be there, if you want to use multi quotes, use the button next to the Quote with( " )on it, when pressed it will change colour, clicking all the posts you want to Quote then on the last one click Quote and all the quotes will be there HTH

Dave

Hi gary if yu look on the bottom right of the message, you see Quote button, click that and it wll go to reply and the qote will be thee, of you want to use multi quote use the button next " to it clicking all the posts you want to Quote then on the last one click Quote and all the quotes will be there HTH

Dave

thanks justdave you live and learn doubt id have worked it out for mi cen

Behave yourself.

From what i have heard its a relatively cheap process to replace the screen cover.

Yup...and it saves having that big ugly plastic thing clinging to the back of your camera ;)

Back