Photo gallery software

Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for recommendations for photo gallery software.

I used to really like Picasa for how it used to search through folders and display everything in a time based way. It also tagged faces quite accurately.

The closest that I have found so far is Digikam. Are there any other good options that I am missing?

What are you wanting the software to do? Display to the world, family or friends or…..
that may impact the responses you get. Despite the negative comments I like Flickr…..:exit:it meets my basic needs

What are you wanting the software to do? Display to the world, family or friends or…..
that may impact the responses you get. Despite the negative comments I like Flickr…..:exit:it meets my basic needs
I'm looking for a desktop app, for me to be able to view photos.

Can you get around the folder view? I can only seem to get to display in a windows like manner

Lightroom

I can't help thinking that the Photos app in either Windows or OSX should meet this requirement?

DigiKam is a very good bit of software. All the features required to manage a repository of images..... tags, ratings, date searches and face recognition.

Is there something that you feel is missing from DigiKam?

Don't reject it because it is feature rich. Start now managing your images with a capable tool and it will help as the volume of images increases.

Flickr isn't suitable for the declared purpose. It's online, its access and operation are a bit clunky in the present context, and he seems to be looking for something in-house. The free Faststone Viewer might be a candidate for the desktop, but I doubt that it can recognise faces. But overall it's pretty nifty.

I can't help thinking that the Photos app in either Windows or OSX should meet this requirement?
The Windows version has recently been upgraded and it seems a bit eccentric, to me at least. I recently loaded up Fastone and I find that very useful.

Last edited:
It's FastStone :LOL:

I used the brilliant FastStone for ages until I got a Macbook. It is not available for Mac OS. It did all that I wanted and it is free to use. I will download it as soon as they make it available to Moa OS.

Back