Photo Hosting options ?

Name
Allen
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for a hosting deal , My free Flickr is about to end , I looked at Flickr pro £111 for 2 years Yikes
I don't post many photos , I did have Photo bucket , Stopped when they printed across all images
Anyone know of a deal ?
Thanks.

Looking for a hosting deal , My free Flickr is about to end , I looked at Flickr pro £111 for 2 years Yikes
I don't post many photos , I did have Photo bucket , Stopped when they printed across all images
Anyone know of a deal ?
Thanks.
Depending on how many email addresses you have. Why not just start another free one?

Ooo , can you still do that ?

Also you might get it cheaper ... mine for next year is £38

Ooo , can you still do that ?
As far as I know, yes. Just slightly alter your username. I got a second one running :)

Everything I try takes me back to my original account

The only upgrade option I can find is 2 years paid in advance at £111

You need to use an email that's not recognised by flickr. Try a new Gmail maybe. That's what I did. So as far as they're concerned you're a totally new customer. You can always edit your username after ;)

Imgur.com. Check this out this is one photo storage site I use

Last edited:
I have a free Flickr account, and not had any notification they are stopping it?

OK , I have found one that's free ( at the moment ) Post image :)
And I have it working , Result.

It could be done very cheaply, using something like AWS S3 and CloudFront, but Flickr is actually a good service. In these days of Instagram turning into Snapchat/Tiktok and seemingly a new "photography centric" social network popping up every week, then vanishing, I think it is good to support Flickr.

Another option would be to build your own server and host from home, you'd quickly understand the costs involved...
Or you could drink one less Starbucks a month and support Flickr.

Sort of halfway between the others and your answer is just to get hosting... mine costs £89 a year and I have well over half a million (544,649) pictures on it :) and all for sale with a simple interface :)

Last edited:
You could use a different browser and different email.
I also have two but not because one is full it happened by accident years ago when the log-in process was very silly and you had to have a yahoo email address

There is 500px. It's not free but you can usually get a discount every black Friday week. You can also license your photos with them if you want and I find I sell enough to more than cover their membership fee. It's mainly the same photo getting sold each time, but I did sell a different one today.
I also have a Flickr account and couldn't find a discount code that worked. £60 a year is a bit steep but I have loads of albums on there and don't want to lose them.

Last edited:
I have a free Flickr account, and not had any notification they are stopping it?
They are not stopping it , Once you are at 1000 images it is no longer free.

You could use a different browser and different email.
I also have two but not because one is full it happened by accident years ago when the log-in process was very silly and you had to have a yahoo email address
OK will try that.

They are not stopping it , Once you are at 1000 images it is no longer free.
Right and then the charges will change anytime when you storage increases.

I have 3 Flickr accounts, All with different e-mail address`s though.

I use Flickr PRO. as my main option few reasons I have around 9000 images on there with over 11 million total views .i changed to pay monthly a while ago it’s £6.99 a month and I honestly don’t notice that . I did think of going back to yearly but this is easy peasy

Free until you get to 1000 images.
That's what I'm coming up to myself. I waited for Black Fri, no deals, Christmas, no deals, I'm betting New Years will be the same. So I might just bite the bullet. It's still cheaper than paying someone like backblaze to back up my pictures. I would use it not only as a sharing platform but an off premises backup. Right now Backblaze is a $190 for two years, and Flickr is $133. And with Flickr you can participate in the social media aspect if you like.

Back