Photo Indexing Software

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I've had Adobe CC for some years using mostly Lightroom but as I slow down my usage I'm looking for an alternative such as Affinity. What I will miss however is the ability to group files using keywords as I've several thousand files indexed under probably 30 or more keywords. I assume this would be unavailable under alternative software but is there an alternative that will allow me the same facility as Lightroom?
Peter

On Windows 10 or 11 you can search and select on the file title.

It's both cost effective (free) and remarkably effective. I can search 6.000 files for three different words in a few seconds.

Try Digikam, it's very much like lightroom and it's also free.
I only use it for DAM( Keywording), I use ON1 photoraw 2023 for processing and I know that has a DAM, but I prefer using Digikam.

I've had Adobe CC for some years using mostly Lightroom but as I slow down my usage I'm looking for an alternative such as Affinity. What I will miss however is the ability to group files using keywords as I've several thousand files indexed under probably 30 or more keywords. I assume this would be unavailable under alternative software but is there an alternative that will allow me the same facility as Lightroom?
Peter
You can continue to access all your photos on your local hard drive through Lightroom for the desktop. You can continue to import and organize photos and output your edited photos through Export, Publish, Print, Web, or Slideshow. Access to the Develop & Map modules and Lightroom for mobile is not available after your membership ends.

Back