North England Photo locations from Grange over Sands

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I am going to Grange over Sands in a week or so. Could anyone suggest any photography locations nearby? TIA folks

I can't help directly as I don't know the area.

However, have a look at Bing Maps. One of the options on Bing is OS maps(which are always my first port of call in a new area) which gives all the usual detail. I've just had a look and within a few miles of Grange over Sands is a viewpoint at Hampsfell, Cartmel Priory and Holker Hall.

If there is any area on the OS map that looks interesting have a look on Geograph. There is a good chance someone will have photographed it and posted on the Geograph site.

Dave

Last edited:
Thanks - I too recently discovered the Bing Maps OS maps thing - which is good as I was about to pay for an OS maps subscription. Never heard of Geograph though - I will have a look at that. Cheers!

If you are interested in Birds Foulshaw Moss is very close to Grange Foulshaw Moss
If old cars/motorcycles are your thing lakeland motor museum
Woodland/nature reserve Meathorp moss
If you are in a car then Lake Windermere is less than 10miles away.

There is a nice little park with a pond in the middle of Grange, it often has some Mandarin ducks on there.

Give me an idea of how you are traveling and what you like to photograph and i might be able to suggest some places.

Back