Photo printer for £100 ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Posting for my boss at work.

He has £100 ish to spend on a photo printer, he doesn't want it to do anything else like scanning etc purely just printing.

Can anyone recommend me any in this range?

Thanks

go for what ever has the cheapest ink refills. I would stay away from canon their printer GUI is really poor

I have a Canon Pixma 4500 and 4850 and am really pleased with both.

Don't understand comments about GUI??

Canon also have chips on their cartridges that make using compatibles very difficult. They get good revies but I have had issues with that on the other half's ip6700D.

I've found it very easy to get chipped cartridges for my ip4500 in the past.

I think only the high-end cartridges are chipped (certainly, the bgi-3 and 6 I used to get were not)

Perhaps I think you should go to your local supermarket and see what they have on offer there, epson or canon. Then come back with the model numbers here (don't just buy them), and ask which one is best.

At Christmas, one of the supermarkets had a good printer for £20 (they didn't stock the cartridges for it mind).

A general rule of thumb that I've found to apply.
Cheaper the printer dearer the ink.

Canon also have chips on their cartridges that make using compatibles very difficult. They get good revies but I have had issues with that on the other half's ip6700D.

the pro9500 was the problem - there are no CIS's for that model AFAIK

Epson P50 is fine and cheap on ink compats available on ebay really cheaply, ciss and refillables even cheaper.

pleased with mine.......

Can I please piggy back onto this, the last printer I bought lasted 3 months of very light use, but they wouldnt replace it under warranty because of using generic ink cartridges.

Is this not common then?? I am just looking out for a new printer, but I am thinking its cheaper to just get things printed out anyway (I usually just use truprint or Tescos)

Thanks

It is usually cheaper to get a better quality print out from a real print lab than printing at home.
However, there are times when you want to get a print done quickly.
It is common for printer manufacturers to claim that third party inks are the cause for problems.
Generally I have found that on the two occasions I have used third party inks, they have caused problems. Most recently, somehow, the magenta from one cartridge is leaking into the yellow, and ruined a genuine cartridge.
If you move to third party, make sure that you keep a set of real ones to put in if you have to send the printer off.

It is usually cheaper to get a better quality print out from a real print lab than printing at home.
However, there are times when you want to get a print done quickly.
It is common for printer manufacturers to claim that third party inks are the cause for problems.
Generally I have found that on the two occasions I have used third party inks, they have caused problems. Most recently, somehow, the magenta from one cartridge is leaking into the yellow, and ruined a genuine cartridge.
If you move to third party, make sure that you keep a set of real ones to put in if you have to send the printer off.

Thanks yes I should have, I think I will stick to getting them printed out for now, its a pain, but I have had so many problems with printers at home, Im not sure its worth the grief.

Back