Photo Printer

nope

Ok, I could really do with some advice from anyone that has experience with good quality Photo printers, my budget is £300 and as I know very little about this area I would appreciate any advice.

The last time i did photo printing was with film in a photo lab when I was 19, so i am completely out of touch with digital printing.

For £300 (or even half that)you'll get a great photo printer, what do you mean by portable though?

Portable power supply...mmm......have you thought of an inverter from 12 vDC in the mechanical horse? Never tried it with a printer, but a 300w one works a dream with the laptop charger.

Ok, have a look at the Epson R285 then, great quality prints and a very low price.

This is a very good portable printer, the battery ( as ever) is not included!
It will do borderless A4, results are excellent, and wont break the bank.
About £160 from ebuyer, here.

Or £209 with battery from Amazon, here.
Allan

ive a canon pixma and i can say its very good..it won't break the bank and the prints are of a very good standard..

to be honest Epsom and canon have some very good printers out there and your budget is massive for a a4 printer my advice is to look around some review web sites and go from there..

i would have to recommend one of the higher end models from the Canon Pixma MP range...it's not 'technically' portable, but i would say it is...as all the flaps (printer trays, cassette tray, lcd monitor, controls, etc.) all fold flat, making it just like a box. I use it on location work for events when I want to sell prints then and there, the model I have is the mp600, they are ultra inexpensive now-a-days, I think mine was £150 about 6months ago, but I'd opt. for a higher up model just because! I actually prefer to use it for prints that clients order through me of their images (over having them done at a lab) as it's fast, nice quality, and does a good A4, as long as you get the high quality glossy photo paper (made by Canon and few others)! very cost effective too, inks last a long while (even when printing super fine quality), and are inexpensive, i think my last set was about £35 for them all (as there are 5 separate ink tanks). another benefit is that you can just slot the memory card into the reader and use the on-screen controls (easy scroll wheels and other various button controls) to select the image, crop, etc. without need of a pc.

I would think that if you are going to use it for event work, then you should choose a pigment printer over a dye based printer. The problem is that the main choice in this field is Epson, and their printers are not generally known as the fastest around. In any case I think an R800 would suit your needs.

Back