Photo touch-up services?

Edit My Images
No
Hiya,

I'm hoping to break into photography, selling pictures on iStockphoto. However my adobe skills are extremely basic, and for my application to be successful I need three flawless shots.

How much would I be looking at per photo for a freelancer to work on them? And where could I find a good but affordable freelancer? Or should I choose a company?

I'll probably be shooting people so the kind of corrections I'd be looking at are softening/increasing sharpness, removing noise and lens aberrations, and improving skin tone colours as well as removing blemishes etc.

Thanks

Jody

I work as a professional retoucher. Im sure i could help you if you told me your work load and timelimits.

Hi Dan, thanks for getting in touch!

My work load is almost non existent since I'm just starting out - and my time limits are also pretty non-existent :p at the moment anyway...

I'm just planning ahead so probably won't have any retouching that needs to be done for I guess about 6 weeks but do send me an email, jody.florian@gmail.com - then I'll be in touch once I have some work!

Jody

Also be aware that you state your pictures are your own and Istock do not generally like images that are obviously processed - I used to send them unprocessed and then work on them for other sites. Send them three totally different images - ie people, a landscape, an isolated item to demonstrate you understand what stock is about and can provide different types of pictures.

When I originally joined a dog and a chicken were too similar !!! I ended up sending them a brick wall that I shot in sheer frustration and they accepted!

Decided some while ago that they were too much like had work for the return I was getting and have removed my portfolio from them :)

Lol @ the brick wall... crazy...

IStock's moderators are getting on my nerves, they seem to turn down perfectly good photos and not only that, they approved a photo the first time I submitted and rejected it the second time.

I've come to the conclusion that it will help my review if I submit shots that would be popular rather than just technically adequate. Thanks for the advice on 3 totally different subjects and on their reaction to processed images.

It occurred to me that iStock would be a lot of work for little return but it's just a beginning for me, and there's nothing that brings out determination more than being rejected!! Maybe I'll just try to get approved and then dump them :p Again thanks for the heads up!

Jody

Have a look at Alamy too, they pay more (per picture, but you will probably sell less), but if you have done the work you may as well have them in a few places.

Back