Photobox - just received prints

Name
Alastair
Edit My Images
Yes
Someone actually wanted to buy some photos from me, so I thought I'd give Photobox a go. I ordered two 15x10 images on Tuesday and just received them today. The quality is fab! I'm really pleased with them and I'll be using them again in future. At £2.99 each, it came to just over £7 including delivery and within 3 days of ordering (I ordered them about 11pm Tuesday night), I think that's great service.

Thumbs up to Photobox! (y)

£2.99 for 15x10s? Blimey that's a bit steep! They're less than £1 at DS Colour Labs!

Glad they turned out well at least :D

I have used them myself a couple of times and quite pleased with the quality and they were delivered the next day

£2.99 for 15x10s? Blimey that's a bit steep! They're less than £1 at DS Colour Labs!

I hadn't heard about DS Colour Labs! I think I should give them a go if they're that cheap. I might send them some images for a bit of a test.

Interesting, do you know what the G/M was of the paper, .

Someone actually wanted to buy some photos from me, so I thought I'd give Photobox a go. I ordered two 15x10 images on Tuesday and just received them today. The quality is fab! I'm really pleased with them and I'll be using them again in future. At £2.99 each, it came to just over £7 including delivery and within 3 days of ordering (I ordered them about 11pm Tuesday night), I think that's great service.

Thumbs up to Photobox! (y)

I use DS Colour labs and love their 15x10 prints :D

Interesting, do you know what the G/M was of the paper, .

Just a quick search for Fujifilm Crystal Archive (which is written over the back of the paper) reports 300gsm.

DSCL are very good, be a little careful though as their service is fully automated and some of the print cropping is a bit tight... had several prints back which had cropped important detail even though the preview in their software showed them as fine !!

simon

DSCL are very good, be a little careful though as their service is fully automated and some of the print cropping is a bit tight... had several prints back which had cropped important detail even though the preview in their software showed them as fine !!

simon

Did you crop the original to the size you want @ 300dpi as they ask on their site?
I do that and have had no cropping issues at all.

Does anyone have any advice on preparing images to go to print? I've had a search and couldn't find anything immediately but would I be right in doing the following (in Lightroom):

- Editing my image so it looks correct on screen
and then
- Exporting the image and applying the relevant printer profile as supplied by photobox/DSCL/other printers

Is there any inbetween stages? :)

Cheers!

Did you crop the original to the size you want @ 300dpi as they ask on their site?
I do that and have had no cropping issues at all.

yes, image was cropped exactly to size as stated...

I called them after receiving the badly cropped prints & their answer was to leave a minimum 5mm white border if there was important detail near the edge of the frame, didn't replace the prints either. I haven't ordered from them since... just looking at placing an order with Loxley Colour

Simon

Does anyone have any advice on preparing images to go to print? I've had a search and couldn't find anything immediately but would I be right in doing the following (in Lightroom):

- Editing my image so it looks correct on screen
and then
- Exporting the image and applying the relevant printer profile as supplied by photobox/DSCL/other printers

Is there any inbetween stages? :)

Cheers!

For best results the sharpening needs to have been added at the "output size".. you probably know already but a calibrated monitor is a good idea too

simon

That's cheap, even compared to Loxley, which are also cheaper than photobox.

Thumbs up for ds colour labs price is excellent, service is excellent, prints are excellent.

ordered 24 10 x 8 prints at eleven o clock on tues and they came the next day.

super quick.

I would try out DS Colour Labs but unfortunately it's switch/visa/mastercard and I only have a solo card :) So they're not really an option for me.

Any other recommendations I could try out as an alternative?

I don't doubt the quality of DS Colour Labs is easily as good as Photobox but to be honest, cost isn't that much of an issue because I'm only going to pass my print costs onto the customer anyway!

Loxley are good, I use them and they are cheaper and better than Photobox. :)

Does Loxley have a site where you can upload the images to order like photobox? because looking on their website all i can find is emailing the pictures to them, or ftp or cd options only.

Anyone?

I would try out DS Colour Labs but unfortunately it's switch/visa/mastercard and I only have a solo card :) So they're not really an option for me.

Any other recommendations I could try out as an alternative?

I don't doubt the quality of DS Colour Labs is easily as good as Photobox but to be honest, cost isn't that much of an issue because I'm only going to pass my print costs onto the customer anyway!

Check if you have a branch nearby, you can drop them in then :)

Back