Photography and the Olympics

Looks familiar........as I recall was worth a watch, if it is the video I vaguely recall???

Delete this post if it's been posted here before. This was a fascinating video
View: https://youtu.be/CmF3xyLPH2k
I don't like the way they try and make out that these sports photographers are highly skilled:LOL: and then use examples taken on film cameras by fully qualified press photographers from the 80's as examples.
Todays sports photographers are paid peanuts and work for 1 off the 100 + agencies that take anyone who can push a shutter down at 14 frames a second and rely on the auto focus and auto ISO.

A hundred photographers at the end of the hundred meters all shooting at 14fps for ten seconds produces 14,000 photos. Then some pics one of those 14,000 and says what skill it took to get that photo.

Scattergun photography with no skill at all. More skill is needed in captioning the photos and getting them off as fast as possible.

27 mins of smoke and mirrors. But it looks good to the unenlightened.:beer:

I don't like the way they try and make out that these sports photographers are highly skilled:LOL: and then use examples taken on film cameras by fully qualified press photographers from the 80's as examples.
Todays sports photographers are paid peanuts and work for 1 off the 100 + agencies that take anyone who can push a shutter down at 14 frames a second and rely on the auto focus and auto ISO.

A hundred photographers at the end of the hundred meters all shooting at 14fps for ten seconds produces 14,000 photos. Then some pics one of those 14,000 and says what skill it took to get that photo.

Scattergun photography with no skill at all. More skill is needed in captioning the photos and getting them off as fast as possible.

I can only assume you only watched the 100 meters bit. :thinking:

Your utter ignorance is astounding for someone that claims to be a sports photographer.

All I know is they are ALL better than I ever was! Oh to be young again knowing what I knows now.

Well I enjoyed the video and I can appreciate all the hard work they have put in to earn a position just to get there in the first place . Most of the photographers featured have I am sure spent years making a name for themselves to get "The Shot". It looked like hard work to me so hats off to them.

Well that's the biggest load of nonsense I've read on here for a while...

Back