Photography at football venues

Name
Barry Betts
Edit My Images
No
New member here, I was wondering whether the information regarding non-league football grounds in the below stickied thread in this sub section (not allowed to post links yet!) remains valid as the thread seems to be 10 years old? I

I'm hoping to move into professional sports photography in the future and was hoping to begin building a portfolio and working towards accreditation/agency via semi-pro sports events. I'm not looking for any quick solutions or progress, not only do (and should) these goals require a lot of work but I also have a lot to learn. So any advice would be gratefully received. I am currently studying a HND in photography and then a bachelor's degree afterwards so am hoping to incorporate the learning period within the criteria of those all being well.
Thanks.

Photographing the Football League or Premier League

We had a lecture from a professional photographer Andrew Moss recently who earns a living from his photography mainly sports. His advice is to get involved in less well know sports; women's rugby, British Cycling, Athletics and Canoeing, Hockey, Table Tennis and Netball.

Dave

PLF and EFL images are governed by DataCo and photography is banned at the relevant stadiums.

For National League and below it is governed at Stadium/Club level although media access for the top three National Leagues is governed by the National League Association.

PLF and EFL images are governed by DataCo and photography is banned at the relevant stadiums.

For National League and below it is governed at Stadium/Club level although media access for the top three National Leagues is governed by the National League Association.
I've been trying to find out how to apply for a national League license through the national League and was planning to phone them. However, with the season cancelled I'm not even sure they'll have anyone manning the office and the same goes for local teams in the league. But at least I seem to be collecting the right info and following the correct route. Thanks.

I've been trying to find out how to apply for a national League license through the national League and was planning to phone them. However, with the season cancelled I'm not even sure they'll have anyone manning the office and the same goes for local teams in the league. But at least I seem to be collecting the right info and following the correct route. Thanks.

Only north and south are cancelled.. the national league is still going..

have you read my article on it? https://www.kipax.com/index.php?e=licence

We had a lecture from a professional photographer Andrew Moss recently who earns a living from his photography mainly sports. His advice is to get involved in less well know sports; women's rugby, British Cycling, Athletics and Canoeing, Hockey, Table Tennis and Netball.

Dave

This sounds like the best option !

Only north and south are cancelled.. the national league is still going..

have you read my article on it? https://www.kipax.com/index.php?e=licence
Oh yes. And had the email confirmed as still valid by someone. And spoken to them yesterday. Just waiting on my pli documents to photocopy and put with the form. That article was the best bit of info I was able to find anywhere so thank you very much for it!

Back