Photography jacket

Name
Lewis
Edit My Images
Yes

I like Finisterre stuff, but at that price, I think I'll just stick to using my t-shirt to wipe my lens.

I've got a couple of load vests, the one I use now and again was an ebay find, loads of pockets for batteries, filters ect. The other one is my old army one, nice big pockets... just looks a bit too much like the sort of one that goes bang to feel safe wearing. ;)

I use a fisherman’s vest ;)

I use Jack Pyke Camo Jacket £80, lightweight, waterproof and quiet. Often I wear a a cheap camo Gilet over the top for extra storage.
I cannot image how I could ever afford or justify £325, that being said - each to their own !

I have just bought a GRUNDENS jacket.from a local fishing tackle shop and was out yesterday on a very exposed beach , atrocious rain wind and was perfectly dry.
They make a lot of Comercial fishing clothing im told .Just my twopence.

It looks like a decent bit of kit but I think I’ll stick with my Barbour. Excellent jackets and plenty of pockets.

I very rarely need one now, but I have a lovely fishing jacket, pockets are truly rain proof, comfortable, warm and dry, and cost a tenth of that at Trago Mills some years ago.

It looks like a decent bit of kit but I think I’ll stick with my Barbour. Excellent jackets and plenty of pockets.
Never thought of using a Barbour (I have 3) for a Photography Jacket I'd think the Wax in the waterproofing would get all over stuff. In my Paramo I will often stick a body with lens attached/spare lens/lightmeter in the main pocket when I move away from the bag for any distance, I keep my Binos in the top Left pocket I also use the various dump pockets when faffing around with filters etc none of which I would want wax to get on. Also I find my Barbours great as a waterproof when not moving too far/fast (or for riding my motorcycle in light/moderate rain) but they aren't (IMO) the best for the type of hiking I do for my Landscape Photography.

Never thought of using a Barbour (I have 3) for a Photography Jacket I'd think the Wax in the waterproofing would get all over stuff. In my Paramo I will often stick a body with lens attached/spare lens/lightmeter in the main pocket when I move away from the bag for any distance, I keep my Binos in the top Left pocket I also use the various dump pockets when faffing around with filters etc none of which I would want wax to get on. Also I find my Barbours great as a waterproof when not moving too far/fast (or for riding my motorcycle in light/moderate rain) but they aren't (IMO) the best for the type of hiking I do for my Landscape Photography.
That’s an interesting thought, I never thought of that being much of an issue until now. I only really use the pockets for one small 4/3rds lens plus lens caps/cleaning cloth/pen and paper, if I’m going out as light as possible and never really noticed any issues but will bear that in mind in the future.

I like Finisterre stuff, but at that price, I think I'll just stick to using my t-shirt to wipe my lens.
One look at the camera in the promo shots tells you the market that jacket's aimed at!

My 'best' summer waterproof jacket is a Ridgeline - I've squeezed a DSLR and small lens in one of the pockets!

But I've had one of these for donkey's years and worn it in all sorts of weather. (Random link - not a recommendation) https://goarmy.co.uk/products/french-army-cce-camo-goretex-jacket-new

Both have been well tested this summer and survived the deluges.

Last edited:
Back