Photography past

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is my grandmother, aged about 16. It was taken in a studio at Custom House, London, in 1916!

Note the very posh backdrop with a bridge on!! :D

Nan.jpg

not a bad pic even by today's standards
be interesting to see if you could reproduce the scene and compare!

Says a lot that picture...

'what you want me to stand here like this?... can I go now?'

Just got that look and stance that says she does not think that is the best use of her time :LOL:

I have a feeling it was probably her parents that wanted her to go and have it taken. Any 16 year olds these days with an hour to use up in a studio would be a bit different!!! :D

I love these old pictures. Got quite a few of my family, in particular, studio shots of my grandmother, and my great grand mother, but my favs are actually of Mr LL's family, his grandmother, marching along Margate seafront with his father aged about 6 in tow, in full blown victorian long black dress and well corsetted, its brilliant :LOL: Thanks for posting janice, really lovely image. **makes mental note - MUST get a scanner soon**

Oh yes! I love these old portraits. I've got so many of them of all my grand and great grandparents and other relatives.
I have some wonderful wedding shots too.
Have you noticed that many of them look very similar in the face? I'm sure I must have some of your rellie's photo's Janice :LOL:
We should have an ancestors thread!

Back