Photography shop in South Yorkshire?

Edit My Images
Yes
I've just moved here in October 2008 from the Netherlands and I'm obviously trying to find my way around.

Up to now I haven't been able to find a camera and photography equipment shop anywhere near where I live (Barnsley). Through Google I did find there's a Jessops store in Meadowhall, but that was very disappointing (as in: small!).

For a lot of things I'd like to actually see them before I buy them or worse, hold them in my hands for a bit (you know what that's like, right?).

Does anybody know any good stores that I can easily get to by public transport? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

jacobs on the moor in sheffield are a good place.
Harrison cameras on london road - (short walk from Jacobs) They usually have some good seconf hand kit but can be a bit pricey on some stuff. Its family run and good range of kit in there.
There is also another Jessops by ponds forge tram stop in town but not much better than m.hall IMO.

Lee

I will give another vote for Harrison Cameras in Sheffield.

They may not be the cheapest place in the world, I find if you want to buy something check out the internet prices call or ring Harrisons, tell them what you want and say if you can match the price you found on the internet you will order it there and then, you will be supprised at how competitive a price you can get, within £20-40 on a £1k item, for that I will pay the extra and support my local independent store, much better service and a bricks and mortar establishment that has been around years.

Harrisons without a doubt , ask for Jonathan and tell him Rory sent you ;)

Leeds - The Flash Centre, its mostly pro big stuff but worth a look
Dale Photographic

There are...or were, 3 branches of Jessops in Leeds.

to be fair, non of these are gonna touch online prices, but you can go fiddle for nowt.

Beverley, East Yorkshire.... The Beverley Camera Centre. Prop. Phil Stebbings.
A "proper camera shop" new and used equipment, in a tiny shop bursting at the seams.
Give it a look.

Back