Photoshoot with Katrina

Name
Brittany
Edit My Images
No
I just took some pictures of my lovely friend Katrina yesterday, any helpful critism is welcome :)
I think I definately enjoy the use of Photoshop...

1. Keep Breathing
KeepBreathingwm.jpg

2. My Puppet
MyPuppetwm.jpg

3. Every Moment
EveryMomentwm.jpg

4. The Little Things
TheLittleThingswm.jpg

**Michelle Black's B/W Essence Action was used

5. What took You so Long
WhatTookYouSoLongwm.jpg

Model: Katrina
Styling/Photography/Editing: Me

These are fantastic, did you use only natural light or did you use a flash gun or lights?

Keep posting the fab pics :)

I just used natural lighting :)
For the first two I had her next to a big window and the rest were all taken on a balcony.
I wasn't very happy with the lighting in the third shot though, as you can see where the shadow from her house ends and everything gets really bright and over exposed :\

Excellent stuff, just one crit #4 seems just a little bit soft, unless its just down to the resizing or mt eyes :shrug: She looks beautiful and very photogenic :).

Shes gorgeous and very photogenic, makes life alot easier for the photographer!

I think they are great, something about #3 doesn't work, I think it's mainly due to the composition which I think could of been alot better. You should of just gone for a full body shot I think.

Lovely set of shots. The processing you have used works well, and it helps that you have a very pretty model/friend too :)

Shes gorgeous and very photogenic, makes life alot easier for the photographer!

I think they are great, something about #3 doesn't work, I think it's mainly due to the composition which I think could of been alot better. You should of just gone for a full body shot I think.

As I looked through them #3 was the only one that stood out as not very good compared to the others too.

Nice use of light in these.

They do have a look of skin smoothing processing which I guess you either like or don't. I'd prefer a bit less.

Lovely work. I think 4 & 5 are my faves. Her eyes in 2 seem a bit weird.

Looking at number 3, the face looks like its slightly off focus. But if I'd taken it, I'd still be over the moon with them. Just to have an attractive model is a bonus.

thanks everyone :)
About number three and the cropping, I was trying to ever so slightly draw more focus to her eyes, but maybe I didn't need too? I was reading in an article somewhere (and now I have no idea where it is!) that to draw more focus to the eyes it's ok to crop a bit off the head... or is that a big no-no if you're doing more than an upper body portrait?

And the eyes in number two were actually strangely like that when I took the picture, but I sort of liked it. I thought it added a sort of "something's off", creepy mood to the shot.

Nice pictures of a very pretty lady. I don't think she needs all the skin smoothing though, especially in 3 +4.

all very good, 5 for me very sexy! (y)

Beautiful images of a beautiful lady ... and imho ... beautifully processed! (y)

I love them all with the exception of #3 which doesnt work for me at all.
It isnt because youve cut into the top of her head, its the pose.

If I cut the image to just below her bust, it works for me but I personally dont like the straight arm leading forward ... add to the cut across the hand & it just looks awkward.
Her wrist/angle of the arm on the right also looks 'wrong' to my eye, as it seems to follow the squared shape of the railing.

I think I would either have dropped the flower for this one and used the railings for a casual leaning pose, or taken the model away from the railings, and had her wandering amongst a backdrop of foliage.

Still, all better than I could probably do, and you have a fantastic model to work with.
Look forward to seeing more from you (y)

Back