Photoshop actions to resize - who has one?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I have often wondered how you other togs resize for the forums and Flickr etc to end up with a high quality forum posted image at around 1200-1400 pixels.

I currently use a Photoshop action by Steve Perry that resizes to anything between 1800px down to 800px.

In fact I have a couple, including a simple script of my own that does it.

Does anyone have a Photoshop action to do this to similar sizes that avoids pixelation when viewed?

Paul.

I upload full res to my Flickr account, have max viewing size restricted to 1024px and when copying the code to paste here I pick medium which is Max of 800px I think

I use the Lightroom Export function. It's my standard process for "using" an image for anything. Export for TP (1000px, max 500kb), Export for Flickr (2000px), Export for website (1000px, max 1Mb), Export for zine (full size jpeg), Export for book (full size tiff) and a couple of others.

And as for posting here, I tend to use the "attach files" button as it's a 2 step process (export to desktop from LR, then attach to forum post) vs the longer process of Export to Flickr, grab link, paste into post.

For some reason, images I upload always look blurred vs LR desktop, but I just assume that's because I'm compressing down to 500kb.

Check out Greg Benz (Lumenzia) he has a free Web Sharpener which re-sizes. I use it on all my images intended for web publication and I have found no issues with it. This is a Photoshop script and he provides full install instructions which are simple. I have it appearing in the Filter Menu at the bottom of the Plugin section. I havent done so but it would be easy to record an action to invoke the script from there.

Last edited:
Back