Photoshop Beta

That's pretty damned impressive :eek:

That's pretty damned impressive :eek:
Yes, from my viewing of it and the way Inpaint and other akin repair tools work (even 'content aware' in PS) with cloning/patching, if once out of Beta is found to be as good as it looks.......it could be a game changer.

The competition are going to have to up their game!!!

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la fotografie; c'est de la folie! :exit:
Like all technologies, it is but another tool in the armoury......but yes, it is very much taking an aspect of post processing into another realm :thinking:

PS a sidenote though in the same 'space', the Sony Awards winner had declined the prize but IIRC from the news about that, he says he declared the use of AI but Sony are saying the opposite?

You can already do that in Adobe elements 2020. I use it to remove unwanted items

very quick demo

Great for removing mesh/bars to show the animal. Below I have removed the bars which actually were infront of the animal but left them in on either side. i could have continued with the edit but this was just to show what can be deleted

DSC_7756a.jpg

again with all wire deleted, No i was not in the compound with the animal or took photo through mesh holes

OPF_Whipsnade 063aaa.jpg

Last edited:
You can already do that in Adobe elements 2020. I use it to remove unwanted items

very quick demo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYnWy2GEKNs
The new Beta in PS isn't healing or cloning. These earlier/current tools have been around for sometime (in all(?)) post processing software and are not ideal for all such object removals.

However, if Adobe added their "Remove Tool" to Elements that would indeed be something!

Last edited:
PS a sidenote though in the same 'space', the Sony Awards winner had declined the prize but IIRC from the news about that, he says he declared the use of AI but Sony are saying the opposite?

Yes, I thougt there was some conflict in their accounts. I suspect Sony are fudging the times at which these various ‘conversations: took place.

I have found this video which is IMO more informative than the Adobe promo video.
View: https://youtu.be/dSrhB4e5DW0

He is trying it on IMO more challenging removals and his run-throughs seem to show that it appears to be a hybrid of healing, content aware & magic sauce of AI. So, as it is still in Beta I can perceive that it will be further developed and the competition will (have to) be hot on Adobe's heels :thinking:

I tried it on an image of a fox with a stick across its face and looked a right mess. I did a better job manually with the clone stamp tool.
Not sure why it didn’t work, as all the vids I’ve seen have made it look amazing.

If only Lee Friedlander could use Photoshop, he may have done quite well without all those poles and window frames ;) :

Back