Photoshop CS4

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this is the right place to put it but following on from the Lightroom 2 thread I came across this with regard to GPU support:

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/37611/140/

Can't find anything on Lightroom having GPU support, I'm suspecting it doesn't as it's not a technical requirement but not sure.

Photoshop CS4 has got some nice subtle changes in it and some very welcomed ones, One of my friends is a software tester for Adobe and has been running Photoshop CS4 aka 'Stonehenge' for quite a while now, I have spent quite a bit of time using it on his system and it looks and performs great.

I wonder if this will have an appealing price tag....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh was that not a joke? Sorry!

In all seriousness, I doubt the price will appeal to the masses! Only pros and well-off amateurs I'd imagine!

Chris

I'm pretty sure students will get a generous discount.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the student discounts! How much is CS3 with the student discount?

I knew there was a better reason than mere games playing for having 4x 3870 cores, can't wait for the upgrade, may need to plug in an additional 4gb of memory though!

Lightroom never really handles big Image files. The RAW files may be fairly big but the actual image you see on the screen is small (by Photoshop standards) so no point in having GPU support.

I also wonder how big an image file needs to be before you'll see a significant advantage with the GPU support in CS4.

:) ill get free CS4 as Im a student hahahahahha!

Back