Photoshop Elements 7 & RAW

arclight

Oooh that burglar's a cutie
Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
Can someone help please?

I installed Photoshop Elements 7 this morning from the Adobe CD.
My PC meets the required system spec. and the software is working fine.

I then downloaded and attempted install Adobe Camera RAW (version 5.3), but the Adobe installer throws up a message saying it cannot install - Press Quit.

Anyone got any ideas?

i think you need 5.2

Cheers,

I think I was trying to run before I can walk with this software.

I have just checked the Photoshop System Info and it says that the plug in Camera Raw 4.5 is installed (among many others).

Better do a bit of reading before I try RAW.

If you installed Elements 7 then it should have automatically installed camera raw. Thats what happened when I installed it anyway. Can you not open a raw file?

If you installed Elements 7 then it should have automatically installed camera raw. Thats what happened when I installed it anyway. Can you not open a raw file?

Still to try to open a RAW file.
Someone on another forum advised to download Camera Raw after installing PE7.
That advice was not right and, as you say, Camera Raw did get automatically installed.

Prior to buying the software I bought "Easy Adobe Photoshop Elements 7" by Kate Binder. Thought I'd get myself clued up a little first (previous software in use was PAINT.NET).
What a lemon that was. It does not cover the subject of RAW at all.

Just open a raw and have a play - there's not much to camera raw! Once you have fiddled with the raw file to correct things like colour temperature or exposure etc. you can then click the Open button and it will then take the corrected raw into photoshops editing screen where you can then add all the effects and process like a normal file... easy peasy :)

Just open a raw and have a play - there's not much to camera raw! Once you have fiddled with the raw file to correct things like colour temperature or exposure etc. you can then click the Open button and it will then take the corrected raw into photoshops editing screen where you can then add all the effects and process like a normal file... easy peasy :)

Cheers

Back