Photoshop Extended or Normal?

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
From a photographic image editing point of view is there any benefit to having the extended version of photoshop compared with the normal version? The reason I ask is that I'm able to get photoshop on a student license throught the evening course that I'm doing, there is a £30 difference between PS CS4 and the design standard suite of products, so for an extra £30 i thought i may as well get more for my money if there is going to be no real world difference for me. I can't really see me playing with DICOM images, or wanting to play with 3D objects.

Thanks

Kev

No real reason to get hold of Extended over the 'vanilla' version, but if you can stretch to it I'd highly recommend putting the £30 you'll save towards a copy of Lightroom, should you not already have it.

Even Adobe say that for the vast majority of Photographers the standard edition is what they would suggest

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll put my hard earned towards the design standard suite then i think, I've already got lightroom, i just need to learn how to use.:thinking:

Thanks

Kev

I've already got lightroom, i just need to learn how to use.:thinking:
In that case, allow me to recommend you a hefty tome to aid your learning.

If you're still on v1.x you need this but if you're on v2.x you need this.

Alternatively there's this one for v1.x and this one for 2.x.

I prefer Martin Evening's style but you'll find many advocates of Scott Kelby's. But either would make for a fine investment.

I agree, the Martin Evening Lightroom books are great. Once you get into Lightroom you may find that you never even need Photoshop...

Back