Photoshop quick edit has gone?

wez130

Steak,wedges and a pint
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, this could be a really stupid question lol, but I have the photography subscription to Photoshop and lightroom, before I reformatted my PC (it needed it), whenever I opened a RAW image in photoshop, I had the quick edit pop up where I could do quick lightroom style edits before actually opening the image in Photoshop, now that option has gone since reinstalling, anything I open in Photoshop just opens up straight in Photoshop now. Any idea what I need to do to get it back as I found it really handy. Thanks

Have you looked in the drop down menu, as I don't think the photography option is there by default, you have to tick the box, having said that, the option you talk about has never came up when I open PS so I don't know any difference.

Hi all, this could be a really stupid question lol, but I have the photography subscription to Photoshop and lightroom, before I reformatted my PC (it needed it), whenever I opened a RAW image in photoshop, I had the quick edit pop up where I could do quick lightroom style edits before actually opening the image in Photoshop, now that option has gone since reinstalling, anything I open in Photoshop just opens up straight in Photoshop now. Any idea what I need to do to get it back as I found it really handy. Thanks

First of all I have no idea what “quick edit” is.

By default RAW files will open in ACR. If they don’t open in ACR then they are not RAW files.

I think you are opening a .jpg file which will take you straight into photoshop,.ike previosuly mentioed when you open a proper raw file you go straight into ACR where yiu can make the adjustments you mention.

On my LR Classic, I have "Quick Development" just below the histogram and above Keywords while it is in Library mode. So I can indeed make small changes to a Raw image. I only use this very occasionally when sorting images after uploading. This is usually for cases where I have doubts it is worth keeping. If I keep such an image for later editing in the "Develop Module", I would usually reset and start the development afresh. On my PC the "Quick Development" is there irrespective of file type.

Dave

Sorted it out, I hadn't had ACR installed, all working fine now with ACR installed lol

Back