Pics of a friend

Edit My Images
No
I was asked to take some photos for a friend - she does know I'm only starting out....

I would love some comments please:

sue_sized.JPG

rach_sized.JPG

sue_family_sized_1.jpg

Thanks - I had no means of light at all so take on board your comments. thanks.

2nd shot is a great portrait & character & the 3rd shot is nice too but you need to make the most of the resources that you have. The backlight in the 2nd shot is excellent & imo, the model could have been turned more into it to provide better definition - at the moment the image looks rather flat.

3rd shot has captured some great characters too but once again, the light isn't being used to enhance the image - the lady on the left is blocking all light to the centre & once again this provides very flat lighting. Turning the group an extra 45 degrees or so into the light may have resulted in more pleasant lighting imo.

After this feedback I will however say that I think you are showing a great deal of promise with these portraits, the characters are captured very well & I think that you just need to refine your techniques, do loads of research on how to get the best out of natural lighting (look at some of Cjnicolai's posts for tips) & keep posting here for feedback & I'm sure that you'll notice a difference very quickly (y)

Back