Picture storage

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All.
I have considered purchasing the Archos 405 30GB Multimedia Player for easy storage from my camera when away on holiday.
My question, If i place my images on the Archos willl they keep the size and format for when i want to transfer to my PC later, or are they compressed.

Thanks

Try and download a copy of the Archos manual, that should tell you.

Its an expensive way of storing them until you get home, why not buy extra memeory cards, there really cheap?

agree with Sbowler would rather have five cards 1gb is enough for abouot 100 raw piccies. cheaper and easier to transport. not so much of theft target either. easier to loose one player than five seperated cards.

Its an expensive way of storing them until you get home, why not buy extra memeory cards, there really cheap?

Thanks for the replies, I know what you mean the extra cards is one way, or even humping my laptop around, although the Archos would be used for other things as well so its an all round gadget, but the main priority would be for storing images short term, at £149, I would have felt it is possbly the right tool.
but need to clear my first issue up first.

Have to agree with most, memory cards are reasonably cheap now :thinking: and the way to go m8 (y)

Back