'Pinwide' for M4:3.

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
I received my much anticipated Pinwide lens from Wanderlustcameras today. The project only came to reality due to the financial backing by interested parties who joined in at developmental stage. Myself, I was intrigued by the effects that the lens would be capable of and the entrepreneurial spirit shown by the guys at Wanderlust to get the project off the ground.

So several months later it landed on my mat and I thought it deserved this mini-review. First impressions are good, it comes in a funky little tin although it could have done with more packing inside as it was rattling around in there. It's a basic, but well made piece of plastic.

It fits precisely onto the camera body, I fitted it to my GF1 but it will fit any M4:3 camera.

As expected, the lens doesn't let a of of light in so exposure is achieved either through a very slow shutter speed or by using a very high ISO. The screen on the GF1 was in near darkness so composition of a shot is hard unless you attach a viewfinder to the camera.

I tested the lens with a couple of shots and was nicely surprised by the vignette effect of the lens which is nice and gradual, not so nice was the lack of sharpness at the centre (although, there was not much available light today so it may sharpen up in brighter surroundings).

I'm going to take the lens on an outing to get some outdoor shots as soon as the sun comes out, but in all honesty I probably won't use the lens very much once the novelty wears off.

DSC_0694.jpg

P1090359.jpg

P1090362.jpg

Mine is in the post somewhere, although I havn't seen a single picture taken with one that looks any good.

I think there's a couple of decent pics on the flickr page, I suppose it's down to personal taste though. :LOL:

Back