Pit Stop.

Name
Tomas
Edit My Images
No
Hello,

On a stroll around the local harbour I saw this chap pull over and proceed to get quite comfy, I couldn't help taking a quick snap as that morning I got my 70-200 f/2.8L IS in the post.(y)
The colour version was good imo but the b/w seemed better.
Any c&c is welcome. Too dark maybe?

All the best.

PitStop3.jpg

The levels look OK to me - you can still see detail in the shadows. There seems to be a bit of a halo around his head, but that could be down to the background?

Good shot, and congrats on the new lens. (y)

The levels look OK to me - you can still see detail in the shadows. There seems to be a bit of a halo around his head, but that could be down to the background?

Good shot, and congrats on the new lens. (y)

Thanks CT,

I think you've rumbled me here, It's comprised of three exposures and had a smidge of tone mapping in photomatix, just bought the software yesterday and the photo represents one of the first experiments with it.
I really don't like the halo effect at all and to be honest I failed to realise it until you mentioned it. Now it's the first thing I see! I put it down to my lack of experience with the software and not the software itself though.
As for the lens, I'm really happy with. It's a right pearler!
I love your gallery by the way, If you don't mind me asking, what glass do you use for the birdies?

T.

Halos are one of the problems with HDR if you push the tone mapping too far, so don't feel too badly about your first attempts. ;)

Thanks for your comments, Most of my bird shots are taken with the 500mm f4L IS or the 70-200mm 2.8L IS of late, but prior to getting those I used the 100-400L (which I still have) and the 180L Macro.

It's really all about getting closer - if you can get closer you don't need the longer glass, but of course you can't always get close, so which lens depends on the situation at the time. :)

Back