Pitlochry dam

Name
neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Was out trying to get used to the 40d, nipped up to this dam and found the water flowing over the top

I like that 2nd one in particular Macky. The power behind that water really comes through (y)

Hey macky, great choice of shutter speeds! Shame about the burnt out expanse in the first, is that something you have messed with in photoshop? Good work buddy :clap:

Nope the water was just going so fast i couldnt get rid of the burnt out part when i took the shot.Think i might have to invest in some filters

Very impressive ,you can just here the rumble of the water,excellent shots (y)

Good shots, I was white water rafting not far from there last year, water wasn't quite as high tho! :)

The second picture is the best of the two IMO. Also the building itself looks pretty interesting; the section on the left. Did you take any of that? The pictures capture the speed of the water very well.

Thanks all for your c+c ,kayjay i never took any of just the building seemed a bit boring without the dam in frame

I like the 2nd shot, but the blown area of the first one is a bit too distracting.

Filters would definately have helped the situation, or you could take two or more shots and blended them together during PP. Personally I would have used a rotated nd grad on the bright flowing water :D

Cheers milestone, i dont have photoshop or anything like it to blend two shots unless i can do it with the 40d software, and must buy filters if i can sneek them in the house without missus finding out:D

must buy filters if i can sneek them in the house without missus finding out:D

That's the tricky bit. I get mine delivered to work so she doesn't see the postie arrive :D

Back