Having just banged in the size to cs3
750 px @100 px / cm ( res.)
works out to an image size of 7.5cm or ~3" or 75mm
I guess thats what you mean?

Having just banged in the size to cs3
750 px @100 px / cm ( res.)
works out to an image size of 7.5cm or ~3" or 75mm
I guess thats what you mean?

Now that sounds too simple, I tried creating a box from the same size as you say in Illustrator, and when I save it as a JPG is differs. I am trying to create a header for my website that goes all the way across, I tried what you suggested and got this....

http://www.ianwoodphotography.com/gallery.html

It seems to have a gap at either side, full of Cider now so will try again in the morning !

:)

I'm no good with web sites but, it looks as though your about 10mm short.
I suggest that you just add 5mm at a time 'till it fits :shrug:

Could you not just create a jpg in Photoshop to the right size then use it as a template? I thought Illustrator would let you create a new doc by pixel width anyway, but I don't have it on this machine so I can't check

Ahh, I didn't realise I could actually create a document as a JPG, to be honest I am not clever enough to do what I want to do in Photoshop, I am am happier in Illustrator for graphics.

Anyone know how many Millimetres wide 750 pixels are ?
That would depend on what resolution you are printing at, unless you're not printing in which case your PPI would be 72.

Either way, figure out your PPI first and then do the rest of the math.

To create a 'banner' that will fit neatly over your grey rectangle, you'll need something that's 750px x 200px @ 72dpi. That's 264.58mm x 70.56mm.

But it doesn't work like that. You don't measure in millimetres when working on the web.

In Photoshop and Illustrator the principle is the same. You just need to make sure your parameters are 750px wide, 200px high and the resolution is 72ppi.

So I want to create something that is 750 pixels wide by 100-200 pixels deep, I want to create it in Illustrator and save as a jpeg.

Anyone know how many Millimetres wide 750 pixels are ?

750 pixels are 750 pixels. The size of the pixel varies depending on what it used in.

So 750 pixels are about 345mm on my desktop and 195mm on my laptop, not many mm on my camera sensor. Unless I change the resolution and then it is different

Back