South-East England Plane Speaking

Name
Rick Easter
Edit My Images
No
Hello everyone, Newby to the Forum. Be interested in your thoughts regarding Canon Mirrorless. Canon as you know are planning
to no longer produce DSLRs apart from the new 1DX Mk 111 will be their last Full Frame DSLR.
My areas of photographic interest are Civil / Military Aviation plus street photography where I use a Leica D-Lux 6.
I'm very happy with the results of the 80D but thinking towards the future, should I be considering Canon Mirrorless? my concern is balancing
the Canon Pro lenses on such a smaller camera body. Would appreciate your thoughts. My gut feelong is stay with then 80D at least for the time being.
Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the forum :welcome:

I use mirrorless, Fuji though. Love it :)

:fuji:

Hi and welcome to TP

Isn't the Canon R series mirror less and will take EF lens via an adaptor?

Hi Rick, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Hi Rick,
Welcome to the forum. If you are wedded to Canon, then the R-series is definitely goiung to be the answer in mirrorless, but in full frame for aviation photography you will be dealing with the weight of longer lenses more than the body, so you will need image stabilisation. I'm not an aviation shooter although we have some experts on the forum, who hopefully will chip in their thoughts at some point.
Looking forward to seeing some images. I stopped (hobby) piloting some years ago so I can only enjoy a vicarious experience by looking at aviation shots.

Back