Critique Plant/Leaf Hoppers a plenty.

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Nice set Bryn, I think 4 and 7 are the pick of the bunch.

How big are these? Never seen one before but will be on the look out from now on!

Thank you Neil, they are about 3mm big have a look on long grass they do like to hide though so do expect lots of shots with them hiding behind the grass blade. Icy finds them in bushes but I don't have much luck there.

They all are planthopper, as the planthopper antennae arise on the side of the head beneath the eyes. Leafhopper's legs have spines on them. Oh.....why do I research on them if I hate them:p:D?

No.1 should be Javesella Dubia and No.6 should be Javesella Pellucida.

But you may want to double check as my IDs aren't very good and I am still learning of them, they look too similar;)

Great lighting and detail - for me the compostitions in 3 and 7 are the best.

Thanks a lot Chris much appreciated

You really get to know me more Byrn as I HATE to see them. Look at No.3,4,5,7,Wow......can't stand them:p:D

They all are planthopper, as the planthopper antennae arise on the side of the head beneath the eyes. Leafhopper's legs have spines on them. Oh.....why do I research on them if I hate them:p:D?

No.1 should be Javesella Dubia and No.6 should be Javesella Pellucida.

But you may want to double check as my IDs aren't very good and I am still learning of them, they look too similar;)

Oh you hater you lmao :) get off this thread.

Thanks for the ID's and the info much appreciated :D

Excellent set of shots Bryn ;)

Yay Alby is back.

Good stuff, a really difficult subject to catch! Number 3 for me, but I like the last one too.

Back