Beginner Playing with light

Edit My Images
No
I decided to have a play arpund with the fairy lights before i packed them away for the year..

Critique welcomed and needed

Attachments

• 2018-01-09_01-24-56.jpg
    2018-01-09_01-24-56.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 2018-01-09_01-24-49.jpg
    2018-01-09_01-24-49.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 104
Hi Tom, you'll probably get more responses if you alter your post settings to make the images full size, rather than thumbnails.

Interesting idea let down by camera shake in the first image and generally poor image quality in the second. Worth re-visiting if you like the idea to try to execute better.

Hi Tom, you'll probably get more responses if you alter your post settings to make the images full size, rather than thumbnails.

Interesting idea let down by camera shake in the first image and generally poor image quality in the second. Worth re-visiting if you like the idea to try to execute better.
So the use of a tripod for the forst image to improve it?

How would i improve the image quality!?

Thanks for taking the time to comment

So the use of a tripod for the forst image to improve it?

How would i improve the image quality!?

Thanks for taking the time to comment

Not necessarily a tripod - you could increase sensitivity (ISO) instead, to enable you more freedom of movement than a tripod will allow. The second image, I'm not sure what's happened, but even though there's fine detail in the lashes etc, it lacks crispness. Do you have any info about camera settings (aperture, shutter speed, ISO) and where did you focus?

Not necessarily a tripod - you could increase sensitivity (ISO) instead, to enable you more freedom of movement than a tripod will allow. The second image, I'm not sure what's happened, but even though there's fine detail in the lashes etc, it lacks crispness. Do you have any info about camera settings (aperture, shutter speed, ISO) and where did you focus?
Ill give them a go again

The second photo i thought i had focused on her eye but muat have slipped off. The lack of crispness may well have come from me playing around in lightroom. Ill have a look back on lightroom at the original pic and compare.

When it comes to uploading full image, this was the only way i was able to upload through the app. Every other option gave me a message saying image was too large. Thoughts?

When it comes to uploading full image, this was the only way i was able to upload through the app. Every other option gave me a message saying image was too large. Thoughts?

Then use a browser and computer? When uploading through a browser at a reasonable resolution (say 1200px on the longest side) one is offered the option of displaying the image as a thumbnail or at full size. You could also look at signing up to a free hostings ervice like Flickr, which will allow you to embed your images in posts, rather than uploading them directly to TP.

Then use a browser and computer? When uploading through a browser at a reasonable resolution (say 1200px on the longest side) one is offered the option of displaying the image as a thumbnail or at full size. You could also look at signing up to a free hostings ervice like Flickr, which will allow you to embed your images in posts, rather than uploading them directly to TP.
Ah ok i have a flickr account ill try that next time. Thank you for your help

Interesting!

They're both a little soft but that's a detail really.

What were you trying to achieve with the pictures? What's the mood or story you were wanting to convey?
'Just doing something interesting with lights' isn't usually enough to make a picture really sing - I should know, I've been making exactly that mistake for ages ;)

Interesting!

They're both a little soft but that's a detail really.

What were you trying to achieve with the pictures? What's the mood or story you were wanting to convey?
'Just doing something interesting with lights' isn't usually enough to make a picture really sing - I should know, I've been making exactly that mistake for ages ;)
I wasnt really trying to tell a story.

If im honest i was just playing with the lights, seeing what effects they would make and see if it made for interesting photos [emoji2]

I like the idea, I'm quite into mono at the moment so the 1st one for me, I agree with the above comments and a little soft but otherwise as you said have another go and post back

:plus1: for Flickr , go to share and select BBcode and paste it in here

I like the idea, I'm quite into mono at the moment so the 1st one for me, I agree with the above comments and a little soft but otherwise as you said have another go and post back

:plus1: for Flickr , go to share and select BBcode and paste it in here
Thank you for your help

Back