Playing with the 10-20mm

Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure about these two, I went without the 70-200 for a few minutes in the vain attempt to try some thing different, I was trying to get a different view of Druids with more of the hairpin and more cars going round it. Both have been croped, but I'm not sure if they work.
Anyway less words here's the images.
One.
BTCC-10-20MM-TEST.jpg

Exif details Lens Sigma 10 - 20mm, ISO 100, 1\250th, f5.6, Mode TV, Focal length 20mm
Two.
BTCC-10-20mm-test1.jpg

Exif details Lens Sigma 10 - 20mm, ISO 100, 1\250th, f5.0, Mode TV, Focal length 10mm
I know the sky is somewhat blown in number two please feel free to tear these apart, as I am very interested to know how you ladies and gents would have gone about these two. I can post larger files if you want to have a play with the images.

Thanks for taking the time to look :thumb: :thumb:

I like the top one but I can't help but feel the wideangle would have been better put to use on the outside of the hairpin rather than the inside - I think the perspective would have made a much more interesting shot.

After using the same lens for a while I find the only real way to get high impact shots with the lens is to get something in close in the foreground to add interest etc. I tried using it for normal landscape & everything just disappears into the distance.

Have a look at some of my shots under Landscape for examples, plus PeteMc's latest shots from Rally in Liverpool.

Cracking lens but defintiely one that makes you shoot differently.

Any chance at those kind of events that you can get to the pits, as you could get some good shots there...eg car/personup close with rest of action to the sides etc ?

Back