playtime

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
how-high.jpg

wanted to crop this pic but could not decide where any help from you guys and gals would be great ...... cheers

I cant help looking at this and thinking "where the hell is his skateboard, or even possibly his bike" - just seems like something is missing from the pose. Action wise a good capture, but for me doesnt seem to tell a story.

Just my opinion, Im sure others will be able to make more of it than me though

Well I've played around with this for a while.......the image seems quite "busy" to me and somehow the perspective seems to do something slightly strange. Having said all the I like it - it's got a certain enthusiasm to it! The version I came up with that I liked best was with him sort of "jumping out of the frame" but now I can't work out how to post the image into this reply.....! :hissyfit:

You've caught the high spot of the action really well there, but there's just too much detail in the shot competing for attention with the leaping boy. A bigger aperture would have thrown the background out of focus for a far more striking shot. If you'd got down for a lower viewpoint you could also have caught the lad more against a sky background, eliminating more of the buildings. All you really needed to be in focus there was the lad and the bench.

Still a good shot, but next time you do it it will be loads better. :)

119278456_71cb5fca59.jpg

A quick blur and crop - Is this what Witch had in mind?

A great action capture.

Thats good Fangman.....however I still spent 2 minutes looking for his skateboard! :D

Talk about spoiling the ship for a 'aporth of tar Fangman - I hope you were tidier pulling teeth! :D

I reckon Witch probaby saw it something like this...

how-high2.jpg

These techniques are handy, but no substitute for getting it right in the camera. In the real world the DOF diminishes gradually towards infinity, with the amount of blur increasing with distance, and that's almost impossible to 'shop convincingly. Having said that, this technique is very handy for sorting out problem areas in your pics, so it's good to practice it.

Yes, that's about what I was aiming at CT - although I admit to not having thought of the blur on the background.

thank you all very much. the end product you came up with is better than i thought i could get .. sorry but there never was a skateboard i asked my eldest boy to mess about as kids do. many thanks to everyone.....

Looks very good with the improvement, reminds me of those free-runners (Parkour).

Looks much more effective with the tighter crop and the depth of field effect.

Back