Please sign the Matthew Street Festival 07 Petition

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Today it was announced that the biggest free festival in Europe has been canceled for 2007. Its only 3 - 4 weeks away and people from all over the world attend. Its been canceled due to health and safety issues. I know that not everyone here is from Merseyside and probably hasn't heard of the festival, but if you have please show your support by signing the petition. The city has plenty of space to hold the festival. Its insane not to on the 800th birthday of the city to have a weekend of music and dancing.

Sign the Matthew Street 07 Petition

I'm number 71 on the petition..great idea and a huge shame for the city and its shops, bars and people.

great idea pete!

Next to the £5 i give to Greenpeace this is the most political I've been :D At the very least there's a place for people to voice their support of the festival. Its all well and good knowing that 100,000 people turn up but its better to see that Jim Bob in America was flying over for it.

Done, and :(.

Done

97. Edgar Smithworthington I was most looking forward to this most festive of street festivals. Winchester

:D

Petition duly stamped on with my size 11's.

Where else could they have it that is out of the way of all the construction work, yet easily accessible to the public and still have the same vibe as the festival. There's not many places in the city centre that can handle it? Maybe move it out to Sefton Park or even Stanley Park?

Where else could they have it that is out of the way of all the construction work, yet easily accessible to the public and still have the same vibe as the festival. There's not many places in the city centre that can handle it? Maybe move it out to Sefton Park or even Stanley Park?

Sefton park would be a winner, and would suit me as I live inside Sefton park :LOL:. There would be plenty of room, and I would imagine it would be considerably easier to organise/locate/police.

Just been on the news that there is no guarantee it will be back on next year.

What the hell are they doing for Capitol of Culture, looks like the people in charge have not got a clue.

The most dangerous words in the English language Health & Safety

a band that I know were due to perform at the festival and they are pretty p*ssed off...they found out today and are gutted...what is wrong with these people who make the decisions:bang:

Well done, Pete, for setting up the petition. I've signed. I was looking forward to MSF this year and had positively decided to skip Creamfields in favour.

I'm really quite annoyed about the cancellation. It sends out all of the wrong signals about Liverpool and 2008. Apart from the fact its been obvious for months that Pier Head was going to be out of bounds, I fail to see why it cannot go on in the Strand and the streets around - as it largely did in years past anyway.

Link to Echo article here: http://tinyurl.com/yqdarp

Thanks for signing it guys :) They hold large events in Sefton Park regularly. Maybe they would have had to scale this one down a bit but the park is definitely up for it.

if they had to cancel the MSF because of health and safety, then what would have happened if Liverpool had won the champions league a few months back...could you imagine the influx of people for the homecoming parade..would they cancel that one so readily?

Sefton park would be a winner, and would suit me as I live inside Sefton park :LOL:.

Inside the park? :eek: Which tree? ;) :LOL:

Liverpool City Council have always been incompetent, no matter what party was in charge!! I just hope they don't screw 2008 up :bat::bat::bat:

Some hope, they are a bunch of clowns(as said, regardless of who has the power). They can't plan events, and they can't plan a city(some of the new buildings are very bad architecturally imho). :nono: I'd love to know how much people have made in backhanders to let some of those monstrosities to be built. ;)

Back