PlusTek OpticFilm 7200 scanner - first proper scan

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
So a while ago on eBay I bought a PlusTek OpticFilm 7200 scanner on a whim. I saw the results people were getting with the newer 8200 model but this delivered was £37! It came with the SilverFast 6 disk but it was registered to someone else and failed to play ball so I looked at VueScan and, if you remember, had a post up for tips using that before I committed to purchasing it. Fast forward a week and I decided to ask the seller if they could unlink the software to their account so I could then access the software and try it out. Luckily for me the seller was more than happy to and after they'd called SilverFast in Germany, the serial number was released and I could then install it my end. The software I was unsure would work as I'm Win 10 64 bit and the software said ME, 2000, Vista etc so I was dubious it'd work but I was pleasantly surprised when it fired up! Software screen says I'm version 6.4.1.

Anyway, still playing with the interface but I've managed to do a scan and it scans as a TIFF file. Played with the 7200 dpi and the 9600 dpi but found the 7200 to be sharper.

Here's my first scan, film was Ilford Kentmere Pan 400, scanner was set to -2 density and some basic edits made in Lightroom. The file size measures 7641x5106

Llangrannog by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

For less than £40, to produce files like this I can edit and be the size they are, I'm well happy!

yes you should be that is very good indeed :)

Back