Plymouth Hoe

Edit My Images
Yes
I went out yesterday afternoon/evening for a little bit, the weather wasn't too good so not too long (it was cloudy and raining).

Plymouth Hoe/Seafront
3062213924_06acc54c8e_o.jpg

3062214168_a35edc8a23_o.jpg

Uploaded to flickr

C&C Welcomed:)

Last edited:
ooo I like those - very nice (y) I like the colour of the water and composition of the first one, great detail in the foreground rocks and the second has lovely light and the water is just right imho - just the way I like it! :D Two fab shots (y):D

Both lovely shots Amp. The water colour in the first is appealing and not sure I have seen it that colour around here before, was it tweaked to get it like this? The second is very eery and I like. I really should pop down to Plymouth as have never taken the camera that way, but these make me wanna have a go there:clap:

Although #1 is great (loving the depth to the water), it's got to be #2 for me as it seems to combine the modern with an ancient ambience, I could imagine a galleon approaching :clap:

ooo I like those - very nice I like the colour of the water and composition of the first one, great detail in the foreground rocks and the second has lovely light and the water is just right imho - just the way I like it! :D Two fab shots (y):D

Thanks, I had to stick the ISO up a bit more than I wanted to get the right exposure times but I think it got the desired result. :)

I love the atmosphere in no.2

Both lovely shots Amp. The water colour in the first is appealing and not sure I have seen it that colour around here before, was it tweaked to get it like this? The second is very eery and I like. I really should pop down to Plymouth as have never taken the camera that way, but these make me wanna have a go there:clap:

Both images are HDR'd but looking back at the originals of the first other than looking a bit flatter the water was pretty much how the camera saw it :) The seafront at Plymouth is really interesting and quite unique in my experience (although not much), with all the natural and manmade rocks and building intermingled, it makes some really nice conditions for finding good shots, then when the tide goes out there are another load of shots from the same places that look totally different.:)

Although #1 is great (loving the depth to the water), it's got to be #2 for me as it seems to combine the modern with an ancient ambience, I could imagine a galleon approaching :clap:

Thanks.:)

Both images are HDR'd but looking back at the originals of the first other than looking a bit flatter the water was pretty much how the camera saw it :) The seafront at Plymouth is really interesting and quite unique in my experience (although not much), with all the natural and manmade rocks and building intermingled, it makes some really nice conditions for finding good shots, then when the tide goes out there are another load of shots from the same places that look totally different.:)

Will get down there soon then and check it out, cheers:)

Back