Plymouth Seafront at night

Edit My Images
Yes
I went down to the seafront in Plymouth last night and a couple of nights before to have a go as long exposure seascapes. The shoreline is a bit cluttered with buildings, boats and bouys so I tried to see if I could bring them into the picture instead of fight against them. Here's the result.

First night:

main.php

It was horrible weather for photography, grey featureless cloud and spitting slightly, my sigma went out of action due to the rain/spray on the lens just destroying the images so I reverted to the good old kit lens, with the added advantage of being slightly wider.

main.php

Last night:

I was a bit dissappointed with a couple of the images I shot so I decided to go down again last night when the cloud was better. This one is a stich of two images, excuse the watermark in the middle of it, I only just found panorama factory and havent bought the licence yet so it sticks that on.:(

aaaa%20copy.jpg

Last one is really nice.

I quite like all of them to be honest, but that last one is special I think it's the pano crop you've got on it that helps - even if the watermark is in the middle ;) :D I've got a soft spot for the hoe and I think those shots do indeed do them justice!! (y)

Have you tried autopano pro? That might be a slightly better pano app....

Out of curiosity - where did you shoot them from?

Cheers!

Matt

I prefer the second shot of the bunch.
Try boosting the contrast a little and adding a bit of sharpening.
I don't think the extra space on the right in the pano adds anything to the rest of the shot.

Great technique and composition (y)

Last one is really nice.

Thanks. :)

Sadlybrokeboy said:
quite like all of them to be honest, but that last one is special I think it's the pano crop you've got on it that helps - even if the watermark is in the middle I've got a soft spot for the hoe and I think those shots do indeed do them justice!!

Have you tried autopano pro? That might be a slightly better pano app....

Out of curiosity - where did you shoot them from?

Cheers!

Matt

Thanks, the Hoe is quite nice, especially since it was refurbished. It is a bit of a shame un some ways though that there is so much concrete around.
The image was taken from the long concrete jetty thing (although it's never been that long when i've seen it). I was stood right on the right side for both shots.:)
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6835/capturebh4.jpg

And i'll have a look into Autopano Pro now, i'm assuming it's not free either?

Matt said:
I prefer the second shot of the bunch.
Try boosting the contrast a little and adding a bit of sharpening.
I don't think the extra space on the right in the pano adds anything to the rest of the shot.

Great technique and composition

I see what you mean, although I prefer the last one due to the cloud, the sky in the second one is just too boring. I went out on the 25th with the main reason to reshoot the second photo but it's one of those things that you can't remember the exact position you were so you can't recreate the same shot.:LOL:

I've had another go at the second one, any better?:)

The last one (finally got round to processing it). I decided on colour for this one as it just looked so very different to the others. I decided to have a play with the WB and contrast in this one quite a lot, I think it looks better with the bright colours. This one is a three minute exposure (it was pitch black by the time I got to taking it). There is an annoying orange glare from the street lamps to the left of the shot, I got rid of a lot of it but can't quite manage the last bit unfortunately.

main.php

Anyway C&C appreciated as usual. :)

Thanks

Thanks. :)

Yeah it is, and possibly (very slightly). The Plymouth seafront is pretty much a long stretch of sea water pools and bathing areas (built in the 20-30's I think). That's one of the sea water pools and due to the high tide the water from the sea is just breaking over the path that seperates them.

Hope that makes sense :LOL: I took a few shots today so there may be one in there that shows it clearly.

Back