Plymouth Star Trails

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Wow, haven't been on here in a long time but its good to get back after being buried under uni work and stuck programming all day haha. Anyway on to the shots, first time doing star trails but actually took these back into October and finally sorted everything now on the 3 of them:

#1 - Star Trails over the Plymouth Wheel
6219861396_a13c9afa58_z.jpg

#2 - Stars over Smeatons Tower
6210393313_4cfc500d8d_z.jpg

#3 - The north star over the Large War Memorial on the Hoe (wish I got the trails longer on this one)
6432856173_814555be7b_z.jpg

Hope you like :)

Great set Paul.

#1 - I like how the shape of the big wheel is replicated in the sky
#2 - My favourite probably because the subject and it's colour work really well together
#3 - You've done really well finding an angle that mean the centre of the trails is just above the monument.

All three as very good (y) though all three look to have tiny issues in the trails maybe I'm just getting picky but in first it looks like the tripod may have taken a slight knock and the other two there is a gap in each maybe a battery or memory change :thinking:

Matt
MWHCVT

Wow, 3 fantastic shots. Any exif on any of them please? :)

Thanks a lot, all 3 shots are many 30 second shots (about 25 for the third one and more like 60 for the other two) stacked on top one another in Photoshop using the lighten blend method. The first and third shot have an aperture of F4 and the second one is F6.3. They are all shot at an ISO of 400.

Great set Paul.

#1 - I like how the shape of the big wheel is replicated in the sky
#2 - My favourite probably because the subject and it's colour work really well together
#3 - You've done really well finding an angle that mean the centre of the trails is just above the monument.

Thanks very much :)

All three as very good (y) though all three look to have tiny issues in the trails maybe I'm just getting picky but in first it looks like the tripod may have taken a slight knock and the other two there is a gap in each maybe a battery or memory change :thinking:

Matt
MWHCVT

Once again thanks very much :) As for the problems im not sure about the first shot, but its quite probable I knocked the tripod. As for the problems with the second two I can see what you mean, I think what must of happened is that a shot that i perhaps messed up (like knocked the tripod) was never stacked in photoshop so there is a small gap which is quite annoying :(

#1 is a great shot, I'm planning star trails soon, as long as I can find an area that isn't so bloody light polluted! :bang:

Nice, that big wheel is a load of **** though, last time I saw it about a quarter of the capsules weren't lit up :LOL:

Excellent set Paul. First two look super.
As you say longer trails on last.

Back