Pocket Wizard MultiMAX

Edit My Images
Yes
Just ordered a Pocket Wizard MultiMAX from DigitalRev. £210 including shipping and customs.

Gonna use it with external flashes, and at some stage might get a 2nd one when I get a 2nd body and use one as a remote camera.

Any good? All the pros use them so I assume they are, but does anyone have one, opinions?

Oh, do they work on their own? I thought you needed at least two to use off camera flash, I could be wrong though.

You need two, one for sending, one for receiving. Another 160 earth pounds required......

They work very well and are a mega-useful addition to any togs armoury. (y)

Yup, you need two of them. Why do you need the Multimax anyway, the cheaper version does the job fine -for £40 each less....

DR will sell you the two-unit PW II kit for £224, you'd be as well trying to change your order if you can

You can also mix them together (as long as they are both the same frequency) for instance, you can use the extra transmitter features of the Multimax such as the ability to trigger the flashes on the rear curtain, but you only need the basic PW Plus II to receive that...

Yup, you need two of them. Why do you need the Multimax anyway, the cheaper version does the job fine -for £40 each less....

DR will sell you the two-unit PW II kit for £224, you'd be as well trying to change your order if you can

No because the Max ones have custom channels and one day i'm more than likely to be sat next to another photographer who will be accidently triggering my flash or remote camera from his transmitter. I'd just rather spend a bit more at this stage and buy the better kit instead of buying cheaper stuff only to replace it later...

I thought you only need 2 for remote camera stuff? Doesn't it control the flash on it's own since the flash is wireless? Or are the flashes just infared?

I thought you only need 2 for remote camera stuff? Doesn't it control the flash on it's own since the flash is wireless? Or are the flashes just infared?

Nope, you need two of them, one on the camera as a transmitter and one on the flash or second camera as a receiver, sorry but you'll need to dig out another £160 if you want to be able to use the one you've bought.....

Oh and if you do want to trigger a 2nd camera then you'll need the special cord to do that too, which is more £££

Just emailed DigitalRev to order another one.

It comes with a PC-1 camera synch cable.

For Canon it is a CM-N3-P. I had a look and DigitalRev don't seem to do it. WarehouseExpress have them though, although you'd better be sitting down before you check the price :LOL:

Alternatively you can get copy ones on Ebay for about £12 as Sam says above (y)

The £12 one works fine, the saving will buy most of that extra multimax. There is a place selling a cable to run two flashguns or a flash and a camera from one PW, on Ebay, it's something daft like £45 from the US. I went into maplins and bought a headphone splitter, I think it was £1.75, and it did exactly the same job..... :banana:

Yeah i'm definately not going to be spending that kind of money on a cable.

I'l go for the eBay one.

I have a headphone splitter actually (got a few of them kicking about), sorted :D

Back