pocket wizards

Edit My Images
No
are pocket wizards compatible with most camera makes
or do you have to buy them for your brand of camera ??
or do you buy an adapter
im a nikon user

avoid like the plague, everyone I know that had them has sold them and bought something better

That rather depends on which version you are using and what you are using them for.

I'd agree that the Flex system is utter pants but the PWIII's are solidly reliable, especially as remote triggers for cameras.

For lighting, I'd go OEM, especially with Godox or ProFoto - Eli, probably not so much.

& to answer the question:

The TTL (Flex) versions are brand specific.

The dumb triggers are just that - single pin, fire only triggers.

To answer the question there are Nikon compatible ones..possibly a bargain to be had if everyone is selling up.....personally moved on to Godox as the range is highly compatible......you can get triggers though to utilise non godox flash alongside them.....[emoji106]

& to answer the question:

The TTL (Flex) versions are brand specific.

The dumb triggers are just that - single pin, fire only triggers.
This^
Above this there were assumptions made that the OP was asking about the Flex triggers, and the answer to avoid was correct, they’re superseded by cheaper better products.

But for long distance pro use remote firing of cameras or flashes without TTL or remote control, PW are still the best option.

its the pocket wizard plus x that i was looking at
are these ok or what
thanks for the reply

its the pocket wizard plus x that i was looking at
are these ok or what
thanks for the reply
They’re great for what they’re designed to do.

Wireless flash tech has completely changed since PW were the market leaders though, so I’d be considering what your future needs might be,

If I wanted to stick a camera behind a goal, I’d definitely buy them, but for firing flash, I’d be looking at the whole market and buying something more versatile.

And yes it is odd that we’re discussing ‘flash transmitters’ and the best use for them is remote firing of cameras, but that’s where we’ve got to.

PW were market leaders and first to show us that we could also remotely fire flashes with TTL and other cool features, but the Chinese took that technology and ran with it - and boy have they run a long way.

I sold my unreliable PW Flex kit and replaced it with Yongnuo (much more kit for the same £’s), then moved to Godox, and do did almost everyone else.

they were once upon a time (5 year+) ago were the best. Not anymore, in fact they are a bit hit and miss. Built in ones are much better.

Reactions: TG.
Back