Pocketwizard Plus II

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone got them?

Can I use them to fire camera 2 from camera 1 by firing camera 1?

I bought some last week for just this purpose after it turned out my Photix triggers were not up to job with regards to range and reliability (I was struggling to get 10m), to fire the remote camera you will need an extra lead but I'm not sure which one you will need for a McCanon. I will be using them in anger this weekend at Badminton Horse Trials (weather permitting) and I am confident they will do what is required of them.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Colin,

I saw your post with the horse jump and it's very similar to this,

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=128491

so I think we are talking about the same shot with a different subject.

What is the build quality like, I've heard conflicting reports, and does it just fit on the hotshoe?

They will be ideal for that. With regards to build quality I was quite surprised as when I opened the box the unit felt very light and at first I was a bit disappointed but when I thought about it I presume it is just a circuit board and a few short bits of wire inside a plastic casing so it will be light - I presume this is the reason others have questioned the quality. They seem robust enough and have a very good reputation so I have no issues and the quality is certainly many times better than the Photix crap. :D

That was a nice shot btw, I missed it first time round.

Back