polaroid back problems

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
It appears I've made a boo boo when loading my polaroid back for my bronica SQA. I follwed the instructions from the link in another thread and when I pulled the black paper through there was no tab for pulling the first frame, it had stuck inside.

so I fiddled with it for a bit and threaded the tab through the spring loaded door. This I think is wrong because now there's a stripe through midle of the pics where I think the next tab is getting pressed against the picture and chemicals. Looking at this picture the paper tab comes out in one place and the main picture bit comes out of the spring loaded door.

untitled5.JPG

Does anyone know what I did, how to not do it and how to rescue the rest of this pack?

I think my mistake was to thread the black paper leader through the rollers.

I think that you are correct - the leader goes straight throught the slot.

Sadly short of rummaging around in a changing bag trying to put things right you are going to struggle to save the rest of the pack - it will be hit or miss at best.

Cheers Matt,

A Cool post and much better than the tutorial I previously read. I won't be making the same mistake twice.

Hi Kev the pic you posted is correct the film feeds through the double roler and tab through the small recess .
the marks on the film can be caused by pulling the next film through with the dark slide in place or some object such as the paper strip kinking .
Please be patient i have smashed two backs by throwing them against studio wall in temper but after alot of practice i can now load the back without losing my temper .
Guid health:beer::beer:

What I'd done was feed the leader through the roller and then the paper tabs through after each shot. Then when I pulled the polaroid through it pulled the next white tab through the rollers, pressing against the developing pictures and causing the dodgy line.

Back