Polesden Lacey

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all. Spent the later afternoon today at Polesden Lacey, near Dorking, Surrey, as the cloud cover receded somewhat. All shot with the 5D and 24-105 f/4 L :).

house.jpg

path1.jpg

rosepath.jpg

path2.jpg

path3.jpg

bench.jpg

red.jpg

lily.jpg

Comments welcome - thanks for looking (y)

A nice set. #6 would perhaps benefit from the Contrast Masking technique discussed in this thread here:

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=30650&highlight=layer+overlay+invert

As its stands, the foreground looks rather dull and underexposed. The main colour and sharpness are way to the sides of the frame, leaving a rather dull, blurry region across most of the frame.

#2 & #5 are perhaps my favourites. I like the way you've cropped to follow the trellis frame.

To me, #3 is perhaps the least successful. The main colour and sharpness are way to the edges of the frame, leaving a somewhat dull and our-of-focus image across most of the frame.

Last edited:
#6 lacks a little something but the others are excellent
especially great use of perspective in #2, #4 and #5!:clap:

i work on behalf of the National Trust and this place is mentioned all the time, but i had never bothered to look at it - i think tomorrows task is to have a good look online for this :D
Great images

Back