Pondering the water

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
One from a recent trip to the New Forest. Caught my wife and son pondering the river after a walk in the woods. I should have given it a little more exposure really. Shot with my Rolleiflex T on Acros 100 and developed in rodinal 1:50.

Acros thru Rolleiflex T 3-11.jpg by menthel, on Flickr

Thanks Matt. The contrast in the background was left as is as it is probably the last vestige of the picture that looks like acros. I will, however, give the background a bit of gentle work when I get back to my computer to see if I can bring it down a bit.

Hi Jim, love the idea of it, but agree with Matt, the background looks a bit washed out. Have you thought about a crop to lose some of the BG?

I can try a different crop bit I quite like squares at the moment! Again, I will give it all a go and see how it fares.

Square is good Jim.... just a little bit more contrast for me (although I am a bit of a contrast junkie) and you've got a good 'un.

Andy

Square is good Jim.... just a little bit more contrast for me (although I am a bit of a contrast junkie) and you've got a good 'un.

Andy

And there is me thinking it already has a little bit too much contrast for acros! ;)

Edits will be forthcoming after the weekend.

Had some time at the airport so grabbed the pic on my iPad and played in Snapseed. This is as far as I wanted to take it. The light background is darkened and a little extra contrast added.

Saved Photos-28 by menthel, on Flickr

to be completely honest, I think I like the original posting better. There's just something about the separation of the foreground being a little more contrasty and dark, and the water/ opposite riverbank being paler and more... for want of a better word - gentle. Its a little like the people are on the edge of a normal reality - and the view they're taking in is something slightly different, hence their pondering...

TheBigYin said:
to be completely honest, I think I like the original posting better. There's just something about the separation of the foreground being a little more contrasty and dark, and the water/ opposite riverbank being paler and more... for want of a better word - gentle. Its a little like the people are on the edge of a normal reality - and the view they're taking in is something slightly different, hence their pondering...

Thanks Mark. I do prefer the original too, the edit goes away from the look of acros and also the light on the day. I am always happy to edit (with reason!) to others suggestions to see if it does work any better!

Do you know what Jim, you're right the original is better. Smart*rse.:D

Andy

Back