Pontardawe Music Festival - The Kilas

BOM

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys,

I was at ponty music festival this weekend, I was watching a band called the kilas, they were awesome. I was suddenly inspired to run back to my camper and get my kit.

What do you think? I was shooting with a 300mm on manual, no flash, 1600 ISO around 5.6 apeture. Shot from about 6 rows back in the standing/dancing section.

How professional do you think these pictures are? If you was a band and a tog supplied these would you be impressed?

There is next to no post processing on these images as my Lightroom trial has expired :LOL:

ponty_0001_RT8_8x6.jpg

ponty_0003_RT8_8x6.jpg

ponty_0004_RT8_8x6.jpg

ponty_0005_RT8_8x6.jpg

ponty_0006_RT8_8x6.jpg

ponty_0007_RT8_8x6.jpg

Cheers,
BOM.

Last edited:
very nice, not that much noise for 1600 iso? what lens and camera?

I used to light the pontardawe festival many years ago!!

Hi BOM, a nice set. I particularly like 1, 3 & 6. I'm not sure about 2 its a good image but, and this might just be me, it looks a little blurred.

Andy

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The camera is a Canon EOS 20D with a 70-300 cosina lens.

I totally agree with the sharpness on some of these. They were shot in raw and converted to tiff for very minor processing and artifact removal. Lightroom may help a bit.

A faster lens is definitely on my want list.

I may have done a better job if I hadnt had around 6 pints by the time the band came on :)

Hey Taxi, when did you pass me in the Hafod? I work near there and have been using the van as my daily driver recently. I've just noticed your sig, you didnt have a 40D when I was out with you guys last!

JustInFrame, this was my first time back to Ponty festival for 9 years. My mate got married there this year, was an awesome event.

You where stopping off at one of the garages Friday, when I passed you. You where with your better half, so assuming not going to work.

I had the camera at the beginning of August. Its much better than the oly, really enjoying using it. Will master it one day :)

Back