Poorly described

Edit My Images
Yes
Guys

You ever had the situation where something you have gone to buy is soo not like the description, dont people ever realise that if you arrange to collect in person its gota be at least close otherwise its not gonna happen?

Got all ready to buy a 17-40 L from a guy for a very good price, and it was described as "Lightly used, flawless, been on camera a few times, surplus"

What I didnt expect was a chunk missing from the filter rings, some writing missing from the collar, a scratch on the optics and the bottom looking like it would fall off soon, also dents and scratches on the body.

Walked away and thought WTF. My 21 year old 50mm Mk 1 still looks brand spanking new, no scratches or dinks etc... his lens looked like the few times it was on the camera he played footie with it.

Am I asking too much?

Some people can be a little economical with the truth. Sounds like the bloke I bought my last car from!
Allan

No, your standards are high and when were talking this kind of money then you should expect to find it in the condition it was described.

I travelled hundreds of miles to look at a 'mint' Omega watch not long ago and it was fake tat. So annoying.

Guys
Am I asking too much?

Not at all and its a good job you were close enough to be able to check it out Some poor sod may well have
( probabley has) bought it ( we talking flea bay here?) "mail order" and been very disapointed when it arrived.
I guess you can call that a lucky escape (y)

Back