Pop bottles and dev storage

Edit My Images
No
Anyone have experience of developer and plastic lemonade bottles? I'm mixing up ID-11 and hoping to use 2-litre (PTFE?) supermarket drinks bottles. Shelf life shouldn't be a problem as I'll probably get through one in six weeks but I'm wondering whether the thin walls might react with the dev and leak?

Mine's OK in them... but I use the 600ml ones and squeeze them to get the air out before sealing. Worst issue I had was the labels falling off - now I have 1, 2 and 3 elastic bands on the necks :D they are stashed in the cupboard under the sink and really the only effect on the bottles is the silver in the used developer fixes to the bottle.

Ta. I've removed the labels from mine as Traditional Yorkshire Yellow Lemonade and ID-11 are dead ringers.

I meant the labels I tried to stick on the bottles ... with the 600ml ones I just fill the sink with hot water, throw 'em in, wind the film into the tank and I'm ready to go. Unless the labels fall off... and then it's down to the nose lottery :LOL:

I use milk bottles (plastic) , and Glass Jars at the mo. seems to be OK.

Permanent marker on bottle/jar and labels

when I started out doing colour developing (c41 and e6) I bought a box of 10 of these - they hold just a smidge over 1 litre (to allow for frothing of liquids when pouring back), and flexible enough to handle being squeezed to expel air after the bubbles burst. Plus, they aren't going to be mistaken for anything else. I've also used the spares for my made-up b&W chem's .

Blue tape on the lid and around the bottom of the Dev, Red on the Stop, Yellow on Fix, Green on BLIX, Black on STAB. - and C41 or E6 in indelible black marker, No tape and it's a stock bottle so is marked with contents ID-11/Perceptol etc. I also use the tape to colour code the bunch of measuring jugs (50p each from asda) in the same way. Sad obsessive git that I am, I've also made up a form on the computer with process routines for E6, C41 or B&W, which again have colour bars at the side of the stage. Did I mention i'm a sad obsessive git? Yep, good :) Ring binder in the processing kit box, each sheet in order, so I can see how long I souped the last colour film for, and how it came out - so I can adjust accordingly - both for depletion and other anomalies. It's all about establishing a routine and being methodical. Or a sad and obsessive git :)

when I started out doing colour developing (c41 and e6) I bought a box of 10 of these - they hold just a smidge over 1 litre (to allow for frothing of liquids when pouring back), and flexible enough to

I think I'd rather get English ones though... not sure the Polish ones would last :thinking:

The Polish bottles look good, though I hate it when P&P is more than the cost. Concertina bottles are expensive on the Bay and from past experience, almost impossible to clean properly inside.
I'll have a ponder.

In the old days I used to use marbles in bottles...keep adding them till the air is gone.

Back