Popped out lunch time and found these.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Goose.jpg

I'm new so be kind

YOur exposure is spot on. You've managed to keep a fair bit of detail in the feathers which is no small feet in a white bird. But you composition needs work. You've cut off a beak and part of a bird on the right and the main bird is too central. All in all a good attempt. You should be able to go back and practice more!

Saw these as well, but couldn't get down to there level due to a wall in the way :(
DSC00423.jpg

A said. Detail good. Composition... urm.. not so good.
The 2nd one is better, but the 2nd swan kills it

It could prob use a little trimming, but I don't have any editing softwear. So would this composition be better?
DSC00442.jpg

There's probably too much foreground in this last one, plus you've chopped 19/20 (approximately ;) ) of a bird on the left of the shot. In comparison to the first shot you posted, most of the ducks are facing away from you, so this one loses a bit of its appeal.

The black swans shot is the the most promising - good and sharp, nice feather structure and reflection, but see if you can persuade him to pose solo next time, and back up just slightly so you can get the whole of him reflected in the water surface too :D

I got this one, but I thought it was a bit too white in the upper right corner.
DSC00432.jpg

Back